Teragrid Web Services Documentation
From TeraGrid Wiki
This document is intended to provide application developers such as the Science Gateways with the necessary information required to make use of the deployed web services on the Teragrid. (Science Gateways developers, also see the Gateway Developers' section of the TeraGrid Web site).
This document is targeted at developers of applications which will make use of the Teragrid resources by means of the deployed web services.
What Are Web Services?
Why Use Web Services?
Web services give application developers programmatic access to functionality exposed by the web service using an XML-based standard called SOAP and provide a description of the API provided in a WSDL file.
Available Teragrid Services
- Information Discovery via the WS-MDS Service
- File and Data Staging via the Reliable File Transfer (RFT) Service
- Job Submission and Tracking via the WS-Gram Service
- Credential Delegation via the Delegation Service
- GRAM4 Audit via the OGSA-DAI GRAM4_Audit Service
- Batch queue prediction times via the NWS Batch Queue Prediction Service
- Predict the full queue + run time of a job on a list of machines with the Teragrid QBETS Service
Know of a service that should be listed here? Please contact me and I'll add it.
Dynamic Service Lookup Using MDS4
An MDS4 Index Service is deployed on each Teragrid Resource at:
The information from these instances is aggregated in a central Teragrid MDS4 repository which can be found at:
Documentation describing how to access these services can be found on the WS-MDS page.
A browser compatible view of the information in the Teragrid MDS4 instance can be seen at:
Created : --Steve Mock 22:09, 25 January 2007 (GMT)