TeraGrid Forum Agenda
From TeraGrid Wiki
June 2009 Agenda
7:00 - 8 am Continental Breakfast, Independence A
8:00 - 10:30 am
- Meeting room available Fairfax/Prince William Room, Third Floor
10:00 - 10:30 am Break, EF Foyer
10:30 - 11:00 am
- A link has been created on the main page of TeraGrid.org to the XD transition information.
- Action Item: Can we measure the readership of the Science Highlights?
11:00 - 11:30 am
- Year 5 budgets
- Approx. $650K carryover from PY4 will be distributed to the RPs. If the RPs do not use this money then it will need to be returned to UC. This is pending Matt being able to write the contracts.
- Assuming the Extension is awarded, we will spend PY5 $ until depleted and then spend Extension funds. This is pending Matt confirming that this is allowed.
- Matt will send out budget info when issues have been resolved.
- Matt is requesting that Barry change the Extension end date to July 31, 2011. No new money involved in this new Extension end date.
11:30 - 12:00
- Adoption of revised URF - Sergiu
- Reviewed changes to URF.
- Elizabeth will assist with wording of URF.
- Need to clearly address export control.
- It was decided that a vote to accept the URF would be delayed until final version has been created.
Noon - 1:00 pm Lunch, Independence A
1:00 - 1:30 pm
- Annual review status
- John T. is still awaiting the final Annual Review Report.
- PY4 and PY5 money should have all been released.
- The PY5 money will probably be sent to the institutions by the end of July.
- John T. pointed out that we need some way of addressing the gap of March, 2010 between PY5 and the Extension.
1:30 - 2:00 pm
- New Scheduling Capabilities (JP, Lee)
- JP reviewed Warrens slides
- Action Item: JP sent the following to Warren - For all the track machines that will remain in the TeraGrid past March 2010 when will each resource deploy each of advanced scheduling capability and the client tools? As soon as you can poll the RPs and get their target deployment dates we should compile the responses and present them to the RPF and ADs. A point that was brought up is that there's a plan to allocate the x86 as a single entity and having advanced scheduling capabilities on all those resources to those allocated users would be good.
2:00 - 2:30 pm
- Select dates for June 2010 TG Quarterly Meeting at NCSA
- 6/9/10 – 6/10/10
- Select dates/place for September 2010 TG Quarterly Meeting, Matt
- Seattle Plan for Aug 31/Sept 1st for quarterly. Note that the Allocation meeting is currently scheduled for Sept. 8-9 but that may change because Sept. 8th is Rosh Hashanah. Allocations meeting may be changed to Sept 1-2.
- Select dates for December 2010 TG Quarterly Meeting in Puerto Rico, Matt
- Date/time: Noon 12/6/10 – Noon 12/7/10.
- Action Item: Need to confirm money for this meeting.
- TG’10 status (Richard, Dan, ~15 min)
- Action Item: John/Matt/Richard – Need to talk to NSF about TG10 usefulness and also TG11 who could fund? Should we have it?
- Matt thought that he could sign contract for TG11.
2:30 - 2:45 pm
- TRAC Survey and allocations recommendations (Richard, ~15 min unless substantial discussion, material has already been widely distributed)
- Dave H. presented for Richard. The presentation will be posted to the WIKI.
- Shawn Brown pointed out that excluding CO-PI from the allocation review process created a real burden. Richard plans to discuss this at the SAB meeting.
- Need to consider incentives for allocation reviewers so that we don’t lose their desire to participate in the allocation review process.
- Need to consider changing the allocation review process for small allocations so that these small allocations do not take up allocation meeting time.
2:45 - 3:00 pm
- SAB: prep for July meeting; send agenda items to Dan K.
- Dan gave a quick review of the current agenda
3:00 - 3:30 pm Break, EF Foyer
3:30 - 5:00 pm
- Archival strategy "Plan B" now that we know archival proposal will not be funded.
- SDSC will retain data until June 2013
- NCSA will support data through the extension. Looking possibly to support through BlueWaters
- Both SDSC and NCSA will have an appropriate connection speed.
Agenda Topic Suggestions
-- Select dates for June 2010 TG Quarterly Meeting at NCSA
-- Select dates/place for September 2010 TG Quarterly Meeting, Matt
-- Select dates for December 2010 TG Quarterly Meeting in Puerto Rico, Matt (cp)
-- TG’10 status (Richard, Dan, ~15 min)
-- XD Transition documents/communication
-- Year 5 budgets
-- Adoption of revised URF - Sergiu
-- TRAC Survey and allocations recommendations (Richard, ~15 min unless substantial discussion, material has already been widely distributed)
from John's mail:
-- Summary of June allocations panel results (I plan to have this as a standing item on the TG Forum call following future allocations meetings)
-- TeraGrid Extension Update [nothing new to report anyhow]
-- Archival strategy "Plan B" now that we know archival proposal will not be funded.
-- SAB: prep for July meeting; send agenda items to Dan K.
-- Annual review status?
-- New Scheduling Capabilities (JP, Lee) 15 minutes