From TeraGrid Wiki
To comment/discuss please create a login and sign your comments (user four tildas (~) in a row to leave your signature with timestamp)
Discussion points about this part of the TeraWiki, Please comment (and sign), especially if you disagree! (the individual notes below are signed rather than this general comment up top, in the hopes that multiple people will comment on one or more of the points below (and add more points for others to comment on).
(0) At some point my hope is that this site will obsolete www.teragrid.org, but this will require a serious design and community effort as well as careful site design and management. I think this can be done, will not be trivial, and will be one of the best things we can do to better engage and serve the TeraGrid community of users, participants, and collaborators of all kinds (educators, technology providers, resource and service providers....) CeC 22:06, 18 September 2006 (GMT)
[the rest of my comments here and throughout the site are predicated on the above comment (0) CeC 22:06, 18 September 2006 (GMT)
(1) I believe this article (i.e. the TeraWiki main page and similar "front" pages) should not be editable other than by a group of authorized editors. Obviously this discussion page should allow anyone to comment, and editors should watch this discussion space for suggestions - errata, corrections, etc. (CeC 22:06, 18 September 2006 (GMT))
(2) Thoughts on naming and this site in general....Can someone suggest a good name for this site? (CeC 22:06, 18 September 2006 (GMT))
- TeraWiki is short and easy to remember...
- TeraWikiPedia is closer to what I currently think is the goal of this site.
- TeraGridForum is just the current URL/domain Dane chose, which I think might make some people think we are somehow associated with Grid Forum, which turned into Global Grid Forum (GGF), which is now Open Grid Forum (OGF) (OGF and TeraGrid are completely independent, though TeraGrid participants and leaders use OGF as a venue for collaboration and driving standards and best practices forward)