TG Forum meeting 2 Feb 2010
From TeraGrid Wiki
Tuesday, Feb 2nd
11:00am - 12:00pm Central Time
- Dial-In: 1 (866) 628-8009
- Alternate Dial-In: 1 (630) 693-2135
- Enter Passcode: 6289045#
1. SAB Recap: DanK
Recap of SAB meeting Dec 10-11, 2009.
- Agenda & Slides
- heads-up - next SAB meeting July 19-20, San Diego, likely Marriott Courtyard in Gaslamp district.
NOTES: Only action item. is with respect to SAB membership:
- need to proceed with selection of new members for July meeting
- need to work on better-defined process.
2. Annual Report Status: TimC
Status and anticipated schedule.
Link to schedule http://www.teragridforum.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=TG-AR2010_Annual_Report_Build#Key_Dates
- running a bit behind schedule but still on track
- Matt needs financial data in ASAP
3. TG Quarterly Meeting: MattH
See:TeraGrid Quarterly, March 1-3, 2010, Westin Tampa Airport
Update from Matt..
- send agenda items to Matt
- primary item will be annual report writing
4. Discussion area: Lustre/Sun/Oracle: JohnT
- impact of Oracle acquisition of Sun on Lustre??
- Lustre-WAN technical plan:
- UI and PSC implementations need to be compared
- discussed Oracle position on Lustre
- PSC and IU not concerned about continuing providing production resources and services
- general high comfort level in long term future of Lustre; some concern over short-term
- John asked for small technical team to convene and sort our last details for Lustre-WAN deployment plan; Chris and Matt to take this forward
5. Other updates:
- Luster-WAN hardware:
- Chris Jordan coordinating purchase; sites will be hearing from him
- Cornell/MATLAB Resource
NOTES: Long discussion about MATLAB availability and the provision of other services.
- need story regarding MATLAB services provided by TG
- need more general policy discussion regarding services being provided as experiments and those to be offered to TG users by non-RPs
6. Items on John's "Barry List": JohnT
Please let me know of things I have dropped. This is my current list of items to discuss/update with Barry:
- [hmm.. oddly enough, nothing on the Barry list..]
7. TGCDB Failover Testing: Jeff Koerner
- A test of the fail-over TGCDB is scheduled for Feb 6th.
8. Other items?
- anything else??