From TeraGrid Wiki
TeraGrid '09 will be June 22-26, 2009, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia.
The public website for this event is: http://www.teragrid.org/tg09/
TG09 Draft Schedule (uploaded 06/16/09 cp)
- Full name/first reference: 2009 TeraGrid Conference
- Short form/second reference: TeraGrid '09
Use TG'09 or TG09 for internal communication only.
TeraGrid '09 Planning Committee Agendas/Minutes
The TeraGrid '09 general planning committee meets at 1 p.m. Central each Friday.
- Toll-free: 800-392-1565
- Urbana-Champaign: 217-265-9888 (and Room 3004 NCSA)
In case the line ever needs to be re-set (fast busy signal and no one can call in): call Cindy or Martha at 217-333-0133
Logistics team: Mitzi Onedia Greene, Carolyn Peters and Kay Hunt
Logistics Meeting Minutes
Illinois Conference & Institutes will:
- Collect all revenues and pay all expenses (via a University self-supporting account)
- Provide report of revenues and expenses after conference
- Receive registration and fees
- Distribute email / hard copy confirmation to all attendees
- Maintain records of room occupancy for host hotel
- Reimburse travel expenses as directed by Conference Chair/Deputy Chair
- Provide on-site administration for the duration of the conference. Includes but is not limited to: coordination of logistics with property representative for all conference activities; facilitate registration of all attendees; provide information to attendees.
Procedure for Comped Registrations
1. All Comps must be approved by the conference chair 2. Instruct comped attendees to register online and select "purchase order" as their form of payment. 3. Send the names of comped attendees to Mitzi Onedia Greene -- her team will take care of it on the back end so they aren't charged.
The following groups are receiving complimentary registration:
- 35+ people from the Campus Champions program (paid by the TG EOT program)
- Science Advisory Board members (paid for by the GIG)
- student volunteers
- student participants who are covered by the NSF grant (what is the application procedure?)
- top sponsors (2 or 3 comped registrations each)
- Science Track invited presenters: Anton Arkhipov; Gary Ayton; Jacobo Bielak; Peter Coveney; Cezary Czaplewski; Kenneth Jansen; Gerhard Klimeck; Axel Kohlmeyer; Phil Maechling; Sudhakar Padmighantam; Thomas Quinn; Jereon Tromp; Ming Xue; P. K. Yeung
- Keynote speakers: Paul Avery, Ed Seidel, Tom Cheatham
When sending packages that are part of registration distribution the package labeling should look like this:
Mitzi O. Greene Sender’s Company / TeraGrid 2009 Sender’s Name 2799 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, VA 22202
Materials for the registration packet should arrive at the Hyatt by Friday, June 19
TeraGrid '09 Communications Committee
Co-Chairs: Trish Barker (NCSA) and Faith Singer-Villalobos (TACC)
- Shandra Williams (PSC)
- Tim Dudek (UC/ANL)
- Daphne Siefert-Herron (IU)
- Elizabeth Leake
Click on the header to see all of the planning material for the student programs, including the committee, dates, the supplement proposal, etc.
You can download and print or email this PDF to help get the word out to students.
Contains coordination information for tutorial sessions.
This section contains the information relevant to the network design that is planned for the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
Info for sponsors (Word doc; provided by Mitzi 4.28.09)