From TeraGrid Wiki
- Dial-in: 866-939-8416
- Participant: 1803215#
- Trish Barker (scribe)
- John Towns
- Warren Froelich
- Jan Zverina
- Tom Hutton
- Mitzi Onedia Greene
- Diane Baxter
- Kelly Gaither
John: invites out; John Connelly confirmed for Monday; no one else confirmed yet.
Bill said documents are still in progress at U of I; Mitzi has been following up, but nothing yet
posted to the wiki, including tutorials (please check below)
- May 6 -- Tutorial proposals due
- May 20 -- Notification of acceptance of papers to authors for tech, science, gateways, tutorials, EOT; tutorial schedule completed
- May 27 -- tentative date to open Registration
- June 3 -- Track chairs (tech, science, gateways, tutorials, EOT) finalize schedule
- June 3 -- Poster and visualization showcase abstracts and BOF proposals due
- June 10 -- Notification of poster and visualization showcase acceptance
- June 14 -- Notification of BOF acceptance
- June 17 -- Final Science, Technology, Gateways, TEO, poster, and visualization abstracts due for online publication; Final poster abstracts due; Final visualizations due
- June 17 -- Final Science, Technology, Gateways, and TEO camera-ready papers due for proceedings
- June 17 -- Final Tutorial materials due
- June 17 – Early registration cutoff
- June 20 -- Delivery of all print matter to design
- June 23 – Student programs notified
- June 27 – Cutoff date for accepting reservations into room block
Contention: June 10 is notification of acceptance and final abstracts due for posters and visualizations. Move finals due to June 17
- Student Program/registration: waiting for Laura on student registration, this is past due
- Have Campus Champions and tutorials been integrated? appears this is on track
Diane on Open Grid Forum: Group that is interested in Track 2D will submit tutorial proposal. Also planningpPre-conference half-day session that is overview of 2D program. Rob Pennington to probably speak. Primarily for OGF folks. Cross-market with TeraGrid and OGF. Assuming max of 50 people. Is there a cost for one-day tutorial? We have not allowed this in the past.
Better for them to register through OGF and then OGF cuts a check to cover it. What is a reasonable amount to let people register for tutorials? Warren will work on a number and will coordinate with Diane. Ballpark $125-$200.
John: In the future if we want to coordinate, we should start earlier. He's mulling a big multiconference in 2012.
- Phil: For Thursday afternoon, Champions will have lunchtime debriefing, casual event.
Warren says boxed lunch is planned for other conf. attendees. Not clear if boxed lunch will be sufficient for Champions or if there will be separate catering.
- Working groups
Tim expects to have detailed schedule after quarterly meeting in Austin
Phil and Kay have visited site, and will update Mitzi. April 17 is official site visit for Mitzi, Tom. Will meet with Convention/Visitors Bureau for ideas about things to do in Salt Lake.
Mitzi has what she needs to get bids and will work on this.
Tom: If anyone needs a physical (not wireless) connection, need to know. Will need a couple at the registration table, and will need phone line also.
in 2009, may have had CAT 5 in each room. Will assess this during site visit.
Hotel is supposed to provide network diagram and IP address space, would be good to have in advance.
Richard: Intel confirmed verbally, waiting on paperwork. more outstanding.
Trish: Website is slowly progressing; should be done by early next week. Tim Dudek's departure may require scaling back presentation of online schedule, but all basic information and updates should be coverable
Tabor media sponsorship is done
Jan has agreed to take on giveaway selection/ordering
Mitzi will assess signage needs during site visit
Mitzi has some leftover from 2009; will ping people about needs so they can be ordered
March 31, 2011 (same time and coordinates)