From TeraGrid Wiki
From Fengping Hu 11/17/10:
Here's the result of test of the new features in GT 5.0.2:
- Feature to synchronize datasets
- Level 1 will transfer if the size of the destination does not match the size of the source.
- Level 2 will transfer if the timestamp of the destination is older than the timestamp of the source.
- Level 3 will perform a checksum of the source and destination and transfer if the checksums do not match
- test command used: globus-url-copy -sync -sync-level LEVEL SRC DEST
- results: works in most scenarios except if for example I replace one byte in the destination file, in which case size still matches and timestamp of the destination is not older than that of the source, so supposedly file shouldn't be transfered if sync-level 1 and 2 is used. But the test result doesn't agree with this. It appears checksum(level 3) is used no matter what level is specified in the command.
- The feature to dump the list of files to be transfered into a file
- works as expected
- New capability to put the server in offline mode
- In daemon mode, after setting connections_max to be 0 and setting the offline_msg, globus-url-copy can still copy file and the offline_msg is not displayed.