From TeraGrid Wiki
←Older revision | Newer revision→
The TeraGrid Grid Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for TeraGrid coordination, overall architecture, planning, software integration, and operations. The GIG manages operational processes and improvement projects.
The Software Integration and Information Services team is responsible for providing a coordinated, integrated set of software to the TeraGrid community for use in building TeraGrid resources and services and for use in developing applications that use TeraGrid resources and services.
- Change Control to TeraGrid Kits and service definitions
- CTSSv3 Deployment
- CTSSv4 Deployment
- Production Deployment of MDS4 (Phase 1 - Gaither, Phase 2 - Navarro)
The Data, Visualization and Scheduling area is responsible for coordinating the TeraGrid data services, visualization services and scheduling capabilities.
- Production Deployment of Visualization Portal
- Design of TeraGrid Scheduling capabilities
- End-to-End Data Transfer
Science Gateways signal a paradigm shift from traditional high performance computing use. Gateways enable entire communities of users associated with a common scientific goal to use national resources through a common interface. Science gateways are enabled by a community allocation whose goal is to delegate account management, accounting, certificates management, and user support to the gateway developers.
The User Services team coordinates the user consulting and documentation efforts across the TeraGrid.
The Education, Outreach, and Training (EOT) team coordinates education, outreach and training activities in TeraGrid.
- TeraGrid Speaker's Bureau
- TeraGrid Annual Meeting
- Campus Partnership Program Definition (Lathrop/Bertoline)
The Network team provides the TeraGrid backbone network and manages its operation. The Operations team provides operational monitoring of all TeraGrid Infrastructure Services (usinging INCA and other tools), and operates the TeraGrid Operations Center. The Security team provides operational security support (security review and evaluations) and incident response coordination.
- TeraGrid Backbone Network Operations (Winkler)
- TeraGrid Operations Center (Pingleton)
- TeraGrid Incident Response and Operational Security (Marsteller)
- Management of TeraGrid Infrastructure Services (Welch)
- TeraGrid Service Instrumentation
- TeraGrid Account Management Upgrade
- Attribute Based Authentication Testbed (Welch)
The role of the Advanced User Support (AUS) team is to coordinate and focus advanced support for TeraGrid users. Targeted advanced support is provided to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of scientists and engineers using TeraGrid’s resources. These include porting applications to new resources, implementing algorithmic enhancements, improving the scalability of codes to higher processor counts, optimizing codes to efficiently utilize specific resources, and providing visualization, workflow and data analysis/transfer expertise to the user community.
Three main catogories of advanced support include:
- Advanced Support for TeraGrid Applications (ASTA)
- Advanced Support for Projects (ASP)
- Advanced Support for EOT (ASEOT)
The TeraGrid GIG Director's Office provides overall program coordination and logistical support
- Area: TeraGrid Project-wide Coordination
- TeraGrid Forum Chair
- TeraGrid Project Events
- Program Coordination & Sponsor Reporting
- Project Management
- Science Coordination
- Area: Management, Finance, Administration
- TeraGrid GIG Director
- Deputy Director to GIG Director
- Director of Education, Outreach and Training
- TeraGrid Director of Science
- GIG Directorate Admin Support
- Financial Management
- Public Relations