From TeraGrid Wiki
Data Architecture for the TeraGrid
The Data architecture effort is an ongoing project to develop and improve an overall vision for data movement and management in the TeraGrid. The effort is led by Chris Jordan, with significant contributions from Kelly Gaither, Phil Andrews, and J Ray Scott. Input is sought from the data working group on all major presentations and documents produced for the data architecture.
An initial statement of hardware challenges was provided at the October 2008 Quarterly meeting, along with a summary presentation. The first complete presentation of data architecture recommendations was given in a December 2008 TeraGrid roundtable meeting. The production of detailed documents describing the vision and consequent technical changes required by the data architecture is an ongoing process, which should continue through the duration of the TeraGrid project.
- Data Architecture Slides by Phil Andrews : An early Outline of Data Architecture and Technologies
- Challenges for the Data Architecture : Presented at TG Quarterly Meeting, 3Q08
Summaries and Reports
- December Roundtable Report : Data Architecture and WG Report by Chris Jordan
- Data Architecture Final : The final document from the architecture process, with recommendations
- Data Architecture Recommendations Implementation : Some proposed implementation plans
- Lustre-WAN : TG Wiki page on Lustre-WAN effort