From TeraGrid Wiki
- CoG Toolkit test suites and example code:
- Cogster - is a simple Java program used to test the functionality of the Java CoG Toolkit. Cogster performs tests of grid authentication, directory listings, file transfers (get and put), and extended file transfers using the GridFTPClient and UrlCopy classes. It can also be used as an introduction to programming with the Java CoG Toolkit.
- Using Cogster:
- To use cogster there are a few files you need to modfiy. Located in the config directory are two configuration files. One is for testing the GridFTPClient functionality, called gridftp.config, and the other is for testing UrlCopy, called urlcopy.config. Here you can specify the test files you would like to transfer, firewall port ranges, etc.
- Next, located in the mk directory is a file called defs.mk. Here you need to setup the location and classpath for JAVA and COG on your system.
- Cogster is now configured and ready to be built. Type 'make' to build the cogster packages.
- Before running cogster you need to obtain user grid credentials valid at both the source and target gridftp servers, e.g grid-proxy-init, myproxy-logon, etc.
- Now type 'make suite' to compile and run the test suites.