CTSS 4 Obsolete Capabilities
From TeraGrid Wiki
←Older revision | Newer revision→
Obsolete CTSS 4 capability kits. The most common reasons for capability kits to become obsolete are because a new capability replaces it, or because the use cases it supports become part of other capability kits.
The CTSS Process describes the process by which CTSS 4 was defined, designed, implemented, and deployed.
Obsolete CTSS 4 Capability Kits
This capability kit was replaced the Data Movement Server capability kit.
|Definition:||CTSS 4 Data Movement Capability Kit|
|Implementation:||CTSS 4 Data Movement Implementation|
Data is vital to science. Modern science produces significantly more data than earlier methods, and data often has to be moved from one Teragrid system to another during the production/use/analysis cycle. CTSS provides the following data movement capabilities.
- Move files between TeraGrid systems without ID/passwords (updated in CTSS 4).
- uberftp, globus-url-copy, gsiscp, tgcp and rft.
- Move very large files (>50Gb) between TeraGrid system with very high performance (updated in CTSS 4).
- GridFTP: uberftp, globus-url-copy, tgcp.
- Automate the movement of a large number of files between TeraGrid systems
- Login to a TeraGrid system and securely move files in/out of SRB storage systems without additional ID/password
- Move moderatly large files (1-10 GB) to/from login nodes from/to remote systems and other TG login nodes with high performance.