CC - 12/20/07
From TeraGrid Wiki
I kind of got caught up in listening to everyone talk and offer some really good ideas. Here are the take-aways and action items that I heard. Please feel free to add your own comments about the call.
1. Details of project are still evolving and changing. Please send your updates to the document to Kay. Kay will collect and send new document in early January.
2. List of potential campuses increased to include:
- New Mexico
- UC Davis
- Navajo Technical College
- Howard University
- Elizabeth City State University
- N/S Dakota
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Oakland University -- Rochester, MI
- Rutgers University
- Brandeis University
- Member selected from the CASC community members
Please send to Kay the contact information for those people you know would be good to contact at the above institutions. We'll begin to contact as soon as we have more of the details worked out.
3. Inaugural meeting to be held in conjunction with the TeraGrid '08 conference in Las Vegas, Nevada the week of June 9, 2008. We plan to get this off the ground running.....
4. Who should be a campus champion -- who do we contact? -- CIO, VP Research, Research scientists.
5. Where to announce? -- Educause CI Working group (Feb -- Tempe, AZ), Internet2 (April), others?
6. Need a web page -- Scott, is Tim available to work on this?
7. Need to work on the content for the program to be presented to the Champions -- after our initial details are solidified.
8. Conference calls will be on Thursdays, beginning on January 10th at 4pmET, 3pmCT, 2pmMT, 1pmPT. Meetings will be weekly until we see that we don't need them that often. Right now I want to be sure we stay on track. This is a change from what I indicated on the conference call. Since this runs very late in the day for those on ET we may consider backing up a half hour earlier in the day.
9. Please let Kay know if there are others who you feel would be interested in shaping this program and working on the Advisory Committee. All are welcome.
10. Kay will get some wiki access set up over the next couple of weeks. -- Scott, what location would you like for me to use?
Thanks so much for everyone's participation. This is going to be a great project and fun to work on!