April 3, 2008 Notes
From TeraGrid Wiki
- 73 registrations to date
- Second site visit possibly April 29-30. Carolyn, Joe, Nathaniel and maybe Kay and Tom.
Might need a call with the TACC group who visited in February to get input on what we need to look for.
U. Texas on-site participation
- The conference center will give Valerie, Carolyn, Kay and Janet access to register people as they walk up and we will print out name badges as we register them. All the other badges will have been completed before we leave and I will bring them with us.
Here is the agenda for today's telecon. It's a busy call, so we need to move through it efficiently
- Student volunteers: how many on which days? Any final notes before informing them?
- Arrive on Sunday by dinner and leave on Thursday by noon
- TG08 final visit: Carolyn, Kay, Joe, Tom, Nathaniel--with inputs from Kelly, Janet, Valerie, and suggestions from committee
- Determine where registration is to be set up
- Joe check out VIZ/posters for power, etc
- Tom/Nathaniel wireless plan (need high quality for presentations and lounges (not in the plenary sessions), work with hotel contractor
- Program agenda updates -- need a color scheme
- Web site updates: what's needed ASAP, what do we know is needed in the future based on dates? Roles: Rebeka will interpret, Lance will implement
- Registration: We need to send out weekly updates with breakdowns (tutorials; attendee types; etc), encourage folks to register
- Reviewer assignments
- Will assign automatically then let track chairs make manual changes
- Remaining track chairs need to sign up as reviewers
- How many reviewers per paper?
- How many papers per reviewer?
- Student competition update
- Flyers and content is done. EOT will send out info
- Shawn Brown will send to TG users
- All RPs need to publicize
- Social function plans -- ???
- Misc: badge names (Carolyn), role of UT Conf Center staff
- BoF selection and scheduling plans
- Budget update (comprehensive)
- UT Conf Center services (inn addition to reg/payments)