12/02/2008 CUE Conference Call Agenda and Minutes
From TeraGrid Wiki
Bruce is a member of CUE, not QA.
Reports on requirements analysis:
Kevin: Looking at existing surveys and Zimmerman report. Summary of findings already on the wiki. Main ideas:
- Where should I store things?
- How do I run my job?
- Documentation poor and confusing
Derek: Looking at what other grids are doing for CUE.
- Heavy focus on remove job submission, where commonality is enforced.
- Still working on a document
- Rich asked if they have a common queuing system
- no, it is mostly routed through portals and Gridway...etc.
- Glide is popular on EGGE
- Other grids have a better definition of data storage with common storage places
Rich, Jerry, Dan, and Bruce: User Surveys
- 74 queried, 38 responded
- A spreadsheet will be prepared.
John Lockman: Module vs. Softenv
Bottom line: Nothing positive about softenv.
Back to QA CUE WG Home .